Master Mariner with over 25 years experience in the global maritime industry. He has experience at sea on variety of vessels. Shore based experience in the maritime administration with a Port Authority and Government Sector. Surveyor Consultant experience in P&I, Cargo, Investigation and Certification. He is a Certified Assessment & Workplace Trainer and ISM Lead Auditor with understanding of international commercial practices, and has led and conducted accreditation visits for courses to be approved as meeting international standards, guidelines and industry best practice. He possesses extensive experience in research and analysis to produce material to attract and retain customer base and also conducting inquiries into accidents and incidents with an investigative, analytical approach to produce reports with recommendations. Assisted and advised with operational management and related matters to Government and Private Organisations.
- DEMONSTRATED SKILLS
- Over 20 years experience within the International Maritime Industry, with a very thorough understanding of international commercial practices.
- Lead and the conduct of accreditation visits for courses to be approved as meeting international standards, guidelines and industry best practice.
- Research and analysis to produce material to attract and retain customer base.
- Ability to interpret standards codes and laws as applicable to an entity.
- Setting up and implementation of policy.
- Training and management of personnel.
- Validation and monitoring of claims and expenses.
- Set up office procedures and systems.
- Conducting inquiries into accidents and incidents with an investigative, analytical approach to produce reports with recommendations.
- Assist and advise with operational management and related matters to Government and Private agencies.
- Ability to work effectively in a small team, with sound communication, management and leadership qualities.
- Supervise the work of others performance in their duties.
- Act as on scene coordinator in emergencies. Training formulation and exercise of personnel and equipment to ensure contingency preparedness.
- Developing and implementing standard operational procedures and monitor compliance.
- Implementation of various acts and regulations.
- Liaison with and advise other agencies locally and internationally on operational matters for the issue and dissemination of information.
- Representation and attendance at various forums a Government Authority and other entity.
- Significant experience as a Mate on a vessel including experience as Master on a foreign going vessel.
- Experience in ship handling and small craft, including pilot cutter operations.
- The ability to manage human resources effectively and efficiently.
- Computer skills and the use of electronics and technology.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & RECOGNITION
2009 ISM Lead Auditor Marine Training Services, Lloyd’s Register, EMEA, UK
2008 Master Class 1 Certificate of Competency STCW95 revalidate Global Maritime Distress & Safety Systems, GoC revalidateWestern Australian Maritime Training Center,Fremantle, Australia, Australian Maritime Safety Authority, Australia
2006 Roster of Experts & Consultants The International Maritime Organisation [IMO] London, UK
2004 Dynamic Positioning [DP] Operator Induction Certificate, The Dynamic Position Center, London, UK
2002 Fellowship The Nautical Institute, London, UK, Certified Assessment and Workplace Trainer, Government of Western Australia, Australia
2000 Master Class 1 Certificate of Competency upgrade STCW95, Global Maritime Distress & Safety Systems, GoC, Western Australian Maritime Training Center, Fremantle, Australia, Australian Maritime Safety Authority, Australia
1996 Certified Container Inspector, Institute of International Container Lessors [IICL], Bedford NY, U.S.A
1995 Approved Grain Surveyor, Australian Wheat Board [AWB], Australia
1989 Master Class 1 Certificate of Competency, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology [RMIT], Melbourne, Australia, Australian Department of Transport, Australia
Further 1992- Introduction to Computers, Scarborough TAFE and, Centercare Skillshare, Perth, W.A.
Technical 1981 – Merchant Navy Officer Cadet training ship, M.V. ‘EASTERN ACADEMY’ [ex ‘OTAIO’ of P & O Lines]
College of Nautical Studies, Warsach, Southampton, UK.
Waveney Marine Services, London &
Gulf East Shipmanagement Limited, Hong Kong
- The Nautical Institute, United Kingdom
- Company of Master Mariners, Australia
- Australasian Institute of Marine Surveyors, Australia
- Company of Master Mariners, Sri Lanka