a Materials Engineer specializing in accident reconstruction, products liability, intellectual property, factory safety, user safety, product design, process development, equipment design, machine guards and user safety. Has extensive experience with thermal and chemical strengthening of glass, including strength analysis and failure analysis. In addition, he has experience with laminated glass, both process development and failure analysis.Expertise in failure analysis includes both materials and design. These analyses include glass damage and failures, as well as metal failures, ceramic structure failures, plastic and rubber component failures, wood product failures, and electronic device failures. Has proven expertise in the analysis of product design as it relates to user safety. Knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of elemental surface analysis and laboratory techniques. As a manufacturing engineer, he is knowledgeable in all aspects of manufacturing and statistical process control and is an expert in the patent process. He is a proven expert in the field of manufacturing process evaluation, which includes both the technical and economic viability of processes. Experienced manufacturing engineer, knowledgeable in all aspects of manufacturing, including patents, tooling processing, product design, factory safety, quality control, quality verification, reverse engineering and factory procedures. Knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of elemental surface analysis. This includes scanning and transmission electron microscopy and all forms of spectrographic analysis (EDAX, Auger, SIMS, ISS and FTIR).
With over twenty-five years experience as a manufacturing engineer, he is knowledgeable in all aspects of manufacturing and statistical process control and is a patented engineer who is a proven expert in the patent process, as well as a proven expert in the field of manufacturing processes evaluation including both the technical and economic viability of processes.
Has provided expert testimony as to his findings in courts of law.
Areas of Expertise
● Accident Reconstruction – Failure analysis and testing, including both materials and design, in the areas of polymer, glass, metallurgical, ceramic, corrosion, and wood.
● Manufacturing and Patents – Equipment design, process design and development, quality control and quality evaluation, failure analysis, intellectual property, reverse engineering involved in the following industries: memory desk, polymer, glass, steel, semi-conductor, microwave device, mirror, metal finishing, electrical connectors, optical filters and food packaging.
● Ph.D., Materials Science and Engineering, Stanford University, 1972
● MS, Materials Science, Stanford University, 1969
● Diploma, Tercer Curso Pan Americano de Metalurgia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 1968
● B.S., Metallurgical Engineering, University of Pennsylvania (Summa Cum Laude), 1965
● Registered Professional Engineer, California
● Senior Materials Science and Engineering Consultant, RTI Group, LLC , Annapolis, Maryland, 2006-present
● Engineering Consultant, 1975-present
● Senior Materials Scientist, Rheodyne, LLC, Rohnert Park, California, 2001-2003
● Senior Materials Science and Engineering Consultant, FTI Corporation, San Francisco, California, 1993‑2003
● Scientist and Manager of Research and Analysis, Komag Materials Technology, Santa Rose, California, 1994-2000
● Senior Thin Film Project Engineer, Deposition Sciences, Inc., Santa Rosa, California, 1988-1994
● Reliability Engineering Manager/Thin Film Circuit Engineering Manager, Microwave Technology Inc., Fremont, California, 1984-1988
● Project Engineer and Engineering Manager, Hewlett Packard Co., Santa Rosa, California, 1975-1984
● Senior Development Engineer, Optical Coating Laboratories Inc., Santa Rosa, California, 1974-1975
● Senior R&D Engineer, Corning Glass Works, Corning, New York, 1972-1974
● Associate Engineering Consultant, Failure Analysis Associates, Stanford, California, 1968‑1972
● Fluent in written and spoken Spanish