Error messageWarning: ini_set(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time in drupal_environment_initialize() (line 692 of /vservers/rti/includes/bootstrap.inc).
Explosion and Blast are a unique form of a catastrophic event. Most people think of explosions as a destructive event caused by bombs, a structure blowing up from accumulated natural gas, or a serious chemical plant explosion. However, most explosions are brought about for a purpose under planned and controlled conditions. Examples include quarry and coal mining, building demolition, excavation, explosive welding, and metal forming, to name a few. The events that catch our attention are accidental our unintended explosions and often require an answer to the question: what caused it?
Accidental explosions can occur as a result of:
- Chemical and petrochemical plant operations
- Manufacturing, storage, handling, and use of explosives
- Boiler explosions
- Fuel gas leaks in structures
- Cleaning and modifications to tanks used in storage and transportation of volatile liquids
- Areas involving high concentrations of dust
- High-pressure vessel failures
- Water and molten metal contact
- Manufacture, storage, and transportation of high vapor pressure or cryogenic liquids
+1 866 327 1165
Joint Inspection Laboratory
Fire & Explosion Investigator, CFEI, CVFI, P.E.